How do I bring a Litigation Claim?
The Litigation claims Southerns Solicitors deal with range from:-
• Accident claims
• Claims for negligent medical treatment
• Tenancy disputes both residential and commercial
• Disputes regarding wills and distribution of estates
• Land disputes
• Neighbour disputes
• Professional negligence
• Company and business disputes
• Construction disputes
• Contractual disputes
If you are bringing a claim it is for you to prove the claim. Solicitors will inform you that you have to prove the claim on “the balance of probabilities”.
This means in percentage terms you have to ensure you prove the claim to be over 50%. If you do this then you may be successful in proving your case.
It is not for the person defending the case to disprove the accusations that are being made by you. They do not need to do anything in trying to disprove the case against them. If you fail to prove the claim against them, the case will fail.
When bringing a case it is essential that you get enough evidence to substantiate the allegations you are making. This evidence can include:-
• Witness names and addresses
• Sketch plans where an incident occurred
• Photographs of an accident location
• Documentary evidence to substantiate any contractual dispute
• Text messages where there is a dispute
• Social media extracts from Facebook, twitter etc, showing details of the dispute.
We will help you decide what information is relevant to your case and what is not by reviewing your documentation, taking photographs of the location, drawing sketch plans and most importantly speaking to any witnesses.
Let us help you bring the claim.
Mark Irlam is a Solicitor within the Litigation department. He has been undertaking Litigation claims since 1999. He has obtained compensation for clients worth millions of pounds. Should you wish to discuss matters with him please contact Mark Irlam or the Litigation team on 01282 422711 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org