Our experienced specialist solicitors are on hand to offer prompt, friendly yet professional advice and assistance required to resolve any employment law issues you may encounter.
Areas of Employment Law:
- Breach of Contract
- Bullying and Harassment
- Contracts of Employment
- Disciplinary Hearings (Misconduct and Capability Issues)
- Directors Service Level Agreements
- Discrimination (Age, Disability, Race, Religion, Sex and Sexual Orientation)
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Equal Pay Claim
- Flexible Working
- Maternity Leave / Paternity Leave / Parental Leave / Adoption Leave / Leave for Dependants
- Redundancy / Lay off and Short time Working
- Restrictive Covenants
- Settlement Agreements (Compromise Agreements)
- Termination Packages
- TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings Regulations)
- Unfair Dismissal
- Unlawful Deduction of Wages
- Variations to Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Wrongful Dismissal
Employers & Employees
We advise both employees and employers in their legal rights and can assist in all aspects of employment law. We will explain to you, your legal rights, the options available and where appropriate, what action to take.
Costs for bringing and defending claims for ordinary, unfair or wrongful dismissal only is as follows.
Please note our fees exclude VAT.
Simple case: £3500-£5000
Medium complexity case: £5000-£10000
High complexity case: £10000-£20000
An additional charge would apply for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £500 per day (excluding VAT). Generally, we would allow 1- 5 days depending on the complexity of your case.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable by you to third parties, such as tribunal/court fees/ expert reports and attendance. We can assist with the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Disbursements can include Counsel’s fees – an estimate would be between £750 to £2,500 per day depending on the experience of the Advocate. This would cover attendance at a Tribunal Hearing and the preparation.
Factors that could make a case more complex:
- if it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide information about an existing claim
- defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
- making or defending a costs application
- complex preliminary issues such as disability or jurisdiction
- the number of witnesses and documents
- if it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim, e.g. if you are dismissed after making a protected disclosure (known as “whistle blowing”)
- specific regulations or other legal issues that apply to your specific profession or occupation
Alternative ways to fund claims:
We will consider the merits of your case and may offer you a “no win, no fee” arrangement. This can be explored fully with you having regard to the circumstances.
You may have Legal Expenses Insurance as part of your car or household contents insurance policy. This type of insurance may cover your legal costs for bringing an unfair dismissal or wrongful dismissal claim which we will also explore with you.
Why Choose Southerns
At Southerns Solicitors we understand how stressful an employment related situation can be on you or your business and potentially your family life. Our specialist team has extensive knowledge of employment law and will help support you all the way to the conclusion of the matter.
We can assist wherever you are based, but we also have offices in Burnley, Blackpool, Cheadle and Sutton Coldfield.